Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What Was Alberto Thinking? -- An Insomniac's Special

Hard to argue that this Administration and its millions of enablers care about the impartial administration of justice when we find out that the White House tried to have all the United States Attorneys fired.

I stand by this post from last week, which I wrote before I knew the half of it.

Somehow, the Republican Senators let this new law about the appointment of U.S. attorneys go into the PATRIOT Act without thinking that they would lose personal power over it.

By the way, it's that loss of Senate power that is going to keep this U.S. Attorney scandal alive.

The Republican Senators gave away their power. That's the first gazillion rules of power broken in one shot.

So there's a good chance that the Republican Senators will not stand in the way if the Democratic Senators attempt to grab some of that power back.

Strangely enough, I sort of see this thing from Alberto's point of view. He asked the Senate to change the law. The law is clear on its face, even if the Gonzales spin on it in front of Congress was disingenuous.

The law said that the Attorney General could do whatever he damn well pleased in the hiring of U.S Attorneys, and he did.

What Is Alberto thinking? Maybe his is thinking of singing the old Jimmy Durante song to Congress right about now --

How Could You Believe Me
When I Said I Love You
When You Know I've Been A Liar
All My Life