Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pick Yourself Up

“Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America” -- Barack Obama – January 20, 2009

Pick Yourself Up

Music – Jerome Kern
Lyric – Dorothy Field
From the movie – “Swing Time” -- 1936
Fred and Ginger Dancing


Nothing’s impossible I have found
For when my chin is on the ground
I pick myself up,
Dust myself off,
Start all over again

Don't lose your confidence if you slip
Be grateful for a pleasant trip
And pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off
And start all over again

Work like a soul inspired
till the battle of the day is won
You may be sick and tired
but you'll be a man my son

Don't you remember the famous men
Who had to fall to rise again?
They picked themselves up,
Dust themselves off
And start all over again.