Friday, February 11, 2005

Some Writing Notes

The reading of my General Grant play went reasonably well, and I am in the middle of re-writing, a process I hope to be done with by the end of March. What happens after that remains to be seen, since I am still hoping that The Workshop Theatre will produce the piece. They are in the middle of their "Give $12" campaign. If you decide to contribute, please mention how much you are absolutely CRAVING more plays about the early years of General Grant.

There will be a reading from my still not-nearly completed novel, The Last Audition on Monday, February 28 at 8 p.m. at The Telephone Bar , 149 2nd Avenue @ 9th Street. 8 p.m. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood.

The bathroom renovation is almost done, they are installing my kitchen cabinets this week, and every once in a while I show up to work, and hope that they are cool with my strange work schedule.

I still owe everyone The Stroke -- Part 2, which will eventually show up on the other site, Time After Surgery. Haven't written on that site recently either. However, for those of you keeping score, two years ago yesterday, I was transferred by ambulette from Roosevelt Hospital on the West Side of Manhattan to North Shore Hospital in Manhasset.

And in connection with all of that, both the strange work schedule and the two-year anniversary, I took yesterday off to have some medical tests done. I went to my car to drive to North Shore Hospital, and discovered that they had stolen my airbags. Very professional. I wish I had a jeweler who could cut as cleanly as those guys cut the wires to disable the car alarm. They also took my glove compartment. Not just the contents, but the entire glove compartment.