Friday, November 26, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving:

My old friend A Red Mind In A Blue State mentioned his mother and his daughters in his Thanksgiving message, so I want to recount a story about his mother, which he can if he likes share with his daughter, who is as old now as I was when this story took place:

I stayed home for college, and I was the only one of my close friends who did, so I found staying home under the circumstances to be a very dramatic change. I wasn't doing very well with it at all. So when everyone came home from college for the first time, for that first Thanksgiving, Tony's mom, in order to cheer me up, put a huge banner in her kitchen that said "Welcome Home, Bruce."

Obviously, you miss a person like that an awful lot, every day, and I am of course thankful that she was a part of my life, even for a while.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody